Publishers - Love Your Bookshop Day 2021 is coming!
Our industry knows that bookshops and books have the power to unite communities - to educate, delight and heal.
Over the past year more than 16-million people have experienced lockdown in Australia and been unable to browse and enjoy bookshops all over the country. Love Your Bookshop Day 2021 (#LYBD2021) aims to bring our book loving communities together in spite of separation, and to celebrate the stories, the sustenance and support available in a bookshop.
So, this #LYBD2021 let’s ‘blow up’ the internet with love for bookshops! Let’s connect the bookselling community across borders, lift spirits and recommend the comfort and delights of a bookshops everywhere. Tells us why, tell us with heart!
Below are a few activities planned for LYBD2021, there’s something for everyone – online and IRL. Get involved and share the bookshop love by tagging #loveyourbookshopday #LYBD2021 across social: Twitter (@BooksellersAu) Facebook (@LoveYourBookshop) and on Instagram (@loveyourbookshopday)
This #LYBD2021 is running three competitions: a kids colouring comp, an adult and a kids short story (poem or ditty) competition. Winners will receive Love Your Bookshop pins and ABA vouchers to be redeemed at their local bookshop. A colouring sheet and more information is available on our competitions page .
Special LYBD Chat 10, Looks 3 podcast
Chat 10, Looks 3 podcast with Annabel Crabb and Leigh Sales is joining in LYBD in 2021! The episode will be released in the lead up to 9 October – details TBA. Stay tuned to find out more!
Below are some ways you can celebrate #LYBD2021 online:
- Share #LYBD2021 dates – let everyone know about it!
- Share special #LYBD2021 competitions
- Share #LYBD2021 tiles and videos - email us for the zip file
- Create a series of videos or social media posts with staff recommending their favourite Australian bookshops and why!
- Share your #LYBD2021 plans – how are you going to celebrate?
- Make sure you tag #LYBD2021 and share the fun
IRL engagement ideas
Below are some ways you can celebrate #LYBD2021 with your local bookshop:
- Visit your local bookshop to show your support
- Invite an author, poet or illustrator to visit a bookshop for signings or story-time
- Provide bookshops with a special “LYBD” promotional discount on the day